The DVAG Resume and Practice Interview Bureau
The DVAG Resume and Practice Interview Bureau is made up of local archivists who have volunteered to mentor jobseekers, whether new to the profession or just looking for a change. Mentors will provide feedback on resumes and offer informational interviews and practice interviews to members. Practice interviews can be general, or can be tailored to a specific job posting. DVAG Member-at-large Scott Ziegler and DVAG Membership Coordinator Courtney Smerz will match requests from jobseekers with specific mentors.
If you’re interested in either volunteering to serve as mentor, or in setting up a résumé review or interview, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set up a résumé review or interview
If you would like to be matched with a mentor for a resume review or interview, please let us know as much of the following information as possible:
- Type of help requested: (informational interview, résumé review, general practice interview, specific practice interview)?
- Are you interested in receiving help with a particular kind of institution, such as a corporate archives, government archives, historical society, institutional archives, manuscript repository, museum, public library, university, etc.?
- Are you interested in receiving help from someone with expertise in a particular area, such as administration, Archon/Archivists’ Toolkit, copyright issues, database design, digitization, EAD, finding aid creation, genealogical records, government records, grant-writing, minimal processing, preservation, project management, records management, reference, etc.?
- When are you available to meet with a mentor?
- Any other comments/questions?
Volunteer or mentor
If you would like to participate as a volunteer, and offer your time and talent to other area archivists, please send an email to Adrienne and/or Scott and take a few minutes to complete this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2Q8NPZ9. We greatly appreciate your help!